Call South Clackamas Plumbing
Water Heater Repair and Installation Services from South Clackamas Plumbing
Call the water heater pros at South Clackamas Plumbing at 503-462-3082 to book your appointment today. We’ve got all of your Molalla residential plumbing needs covered!
Water Heater Installation Options
There are five different main types of water heaters with a variety of unique capabilities, costs, and needs. While South Clackamas Plumbing is ready and able to provide you with assistance in choosing the water heater that best suits your home, it’s important that you feel able to make an informed decision yourself with plenty of confidence.
The water heaters you can choose from are:
CONVENTIONAL WATER HEATER –
- When it comes to conventional water heaters it is important to correctly assess the size you need as you are limited to the amount of hot water available; other designs can heat product on demand.
- Regular models are generally considered affordable and come with the ease of a straightforward install.
- The lifespan of a standard water heater is middle of the road at approximately 12 years.
TANKLESS WATER HEATER –
- On-demand water heaters live up to their name by being able to heat up even large amounts of water on demand without having a tank.
- Tankless models cost more than an average heater and may potentially require greater power capacity or larger gas lines in order to function. As such they are considered an investment that should be returned due to excellent energy efficiency.
- The lifespan of a tankless water heater should be 8-10 years.
HYBRID (HEAT PUMP) WATER HEATER –
- Hybrid water heaters use heat from the air and ground and as a result do not work well in particularly cold spaces such as basements.
- Heat pump models are one of the most expensive types to purchase, though they are considered very cost-efficient due to their energy efficiency.
- The lifespan of a hybrid water heater is relatively lengthy at approximately 13 to 15 years.
CONDENSING (GAS) WATER HEATER –
- Condensing water heaters take advantage of natural gas and as such will likely make sense for you if you use natural gas to heat your home already.
- Gas models typically only come in larger tanks and won’t be usable for smaller homes.
- The lifespan of a condensing water heater is between 8 to 12 years.
SOLAR WATER HEATER –
- Solar models are powered by roof-mounted solar panels, making it an excellent choice for those who already use solar energy.
- Despite their excellence energy efficiency (which saves on electricity costs) solar models are unfortunately prohibitively expensive for many families.
- That said, the lifespan of a solar water heater is the greatest at 20 years, which saves money on a replacement.
Protect Your Water Heater with Earthquake Straps
The Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code requires water heater earthquake straps, plumber’s tape, or similar anchorage for certain seismic categories. Major earthquakes can cause enough problems without knocking over your water heater and bringing on major water damage as well. South Clackamas Plumbing will install water heater straps that can protect your home in such an event. Our Oregon City residential plumbing customers rest easy knowing our professional team has properly secured their residential water heater.
Emergency Water Heater Repair and Replacement
Having a burst water heater with uncontrollable leaks is a nightmare that costs you time and money will causing property damage and immense frustration. If you find yourself needing an emergency plumber to quickly but efficiently repair or replace your water heater, South Clackamas Plumbing is here to assist Woodburn residential plumbing customers.
Why Choose South Clackamas Plumbing?
Silverton residential plumbing customers know they can rely on South Clackamas Plumbing for all their home plumbing needs. Our goal is always to do the best job possible while forming a meaningful relationship with our customers. You can depend on us for excellent work, whether we’re doing a water heater install, replacing bathroom/kitchen appliances, or repiping. So when you’re looking for licensed local plumbers, remember that South Clackamas Plumbing can provide reliable service at reasonable prices and with unwavering standards.
To speak to a member of the South Clackamas Plumbing team about Water Heater Installation, Water Heater Repair, or any Estacada residential plumbing issue, call us today at 503-462-3082.